Monday, May 21, 2007

Recent Meanderings

Yesterday I was in Guelph to visit my family. My sister Dorothea and her husband Michael were in town visiting from Halifax (yes we went to see them on our road trip). We went to the cemetery to visit my mother’s grave and to see the grave stone that had been erected. We conducted a little ceremony in the very-cold-for-May weather and then headed back to my brother’s place for a barbeque. You can see some of the pictures here.

This weekend was another North Toronto 24 hour Worship and Prayer event. I often have a chance to lead worship there and did the 3-5pm worship and prayer slot on Saturday afternoon. It is an amazing time of connecting with God for me and after two hours I leave spiritually refreshed but physically exhausted.

As most of you know I am working on a Doctor of Ministry degree at Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary. This week they announced that Dr. Haddon Robinson, well known as a great preaching instructor was named the interim president of the college. This is unusual because Dr. James Emery White, who was just appointed as president earlier this year has resigned, effective June 30, 2007, due to family considerations which resulted in his unanticipated inability to relocate as planned from North Carolina to Massachusetts. I’m not sure that it will significantly impact my studies but because GCTS is so influential in Evangelical circles it will create a bit of a buzz. Check out the full story HERE.

Jerry Falwell passed away this week also at 73. Although not a particular favourite of mine, he was influencial in establishing the Religious Right in the USA and getting political conservatives mobilized. His life was significant enough for CNN to publish a story.

And if you haven't already noticed, I've been playing with my layout again. I suppose I won't be completely satisfied until I know html and can write my own blogger program.

1 comment:

(kirstyn) said...

Hi Dad :). Today was cool at the global day of prayer thing.. :)

anyways.. check out my blog.. i sort of did a post as my response to today.