Saturday, November 17, 2007

Everything

A friend sent an email asking if I'd seen this video. It was posted on GodTube, a Christianized version of Youtube. I hadn't heard of Godtube before but I think there is a place for it - as long as it doesn't remove Christians from interacting missionally with their culture.

I often ignore the "have you seen this" links or quickly browse through them to see if anything catches my interest. I thought I'd briefly check this one out and watch the first bit. I was surprised by its impact. I was questioning it with my intellect but at the same time it snuck up on me and struck deep at the heart level. It reminded me of my time with street kids. It's not short (almost six minutes long) but check it out.



The name of the song is Everything. It's by a band called Lifehouse and you can find it on their album, No Name Face - I've posted the lyrics. (Rather vague and not really a major theological treatise but goes well with the skit.)

Everything
Find Me Here
Speak To Me
I want to feel you
I need to hear you
You are the light
That's leading me
To the place where I find peace again.

You are the strength, that keeps me walking.
You are the hope, that keeps me trusting.
You are the light to my soul.
You are my purpose...you're everything.

How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?

You calm the storms, and you give me rest.
You hold me in your hands, you won't let me fall.
You steal my heart, and you take my breath away.
Would you take me in? Take me deeper now?

Cause you're all I want, You're all I need
You're everything,everything

No comments: